Master of Science in Criminal Justice
The UNT Dallas department of criminal justice offers a Master of Science in Criminal Justice. The 36 hour MS degree is a focused graduate degree that combines theory, application and experiential learning. Criminal Justice studies the practices and institutions of governments directed at upholding social control, deterring and mitigating crime, and sanctioning those who violate laws with criminal penalties and rehabilitation efforts. Delve into the social and behavioral sciences, as well as the relation of law and ethics to the phenomenon of crime.
What marketable skills will I learn?
- Apply theory and research to real world policy problems
- Critically assess data on crime and justice
- Plan for a new policy development and implementation
- Employ effective leadership and management strategies
- Communicate successfully with stakeholders